Monday, June 12, 2006

Thinking Outside the Box

Why, exactly, do all of the major retail chains feel compelled to hoard their boxes nowadays? I have been frantically searching the back alleys and shipping docks of Hippie-Town for any half-crushed, beer-spattered box I can get my hands on to help me move, and all I find is bundles of mutilated boxes ready to be shipped off to Mother Nature's recycling center or giant incinerators full of useless box ashes. They actually lock up the recycling bins! Like people who try to reuse the boxes are thieves!

What possible good could come of this selfishness? Why must we be denied old boxes and forced to buy crisp, overpriced new boxes at $2.50 a pop? For God's sake, they're boxes! I'm not asking for the moon! Does anyone out there know where an honest Bibb could find some everlovin' boxes?!

5 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

I haven't tried this yet (because I'm procrastinating big time!) but I've been told that liquor stores are typically generous with boxes. The downside, of course, is that all your new neighbors will think you're drunks.

Bibb Leo File said...

We have secured a few Jim Beam crates (which are great for packing your Jim Beam bottles in), but they aren't going to cut it for the bigger stuff.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, head to the mall and ask Victoria's Secret. Them and Barnes and Noble. They move a lot of merchandise daily.

Bibb Leo File said...

Naughty underwear boxes?! I'm not sure I'm prepared for that.

Fork said...

Boxes SUCK!