Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Übermensch

I don't care what the critics say; I'm excited! I have been a S-Man fanatic for many years. I played the theme from Superman as the recessional at my wedding, for criminy's sake! (And don't you know I went through hell getting that approved by the Wedding Police.)

They say it's a little slow. They say it's got some less-than-stellar supporting performances. They say the special effects aren't all they could be.

I say it's a Superman movie!

Come on, guys. You have to admit that the little boy within all of you is just a little tickled about this one. Tie a towel around your neck and jump off the sofa! Don't let those "Debbie Downers" at Rotten Tomatoes spoil our fun! Peter Travers of The Rolling Stone loved it: "That 'S' on his shirt has a whole new meaning: He's a Soul man."

Who cares what fat ol' Ebert has to say? He was never a child; he never flew around his bedroom in red pajamas. It's time to lock the critic in the subconscious and let the kid in you have a little fun.

2 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

I am excited about it, too. I am a little disappointed that they wimped out apparently distanced themselves from the red-white-and-blue, apple pie "American Way" of Superman. But I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

Fork said...

Pooh-pooh the Debbie Downers!

Eat Little Debbies!

I'm excited FOR you.