Wednesday, July 05, 2006

They Say It's Your Birthday...

Well, the fireworks flew magnificently last night in honor of the eve of my coming into this world 27 years ago. I must say that I was surprised that the municipal government here in Eyrieville knew about this annual event so soon after my moving here, but someone must be on the ball because the Bibb Leo File celebrations were in full swing all over the city!

I am always touched when these fantastic displays occur (I particularly like the big Washington D. C. gala with the orchestra; and I only visited there once way back when I was nine!), but I am not entirely sure why they always feel compelled to play such a preponderance of patriotic music at these shindigs. I am just as big a fan of J. P. Sousa as the next fellow, but I think in light of the circumstances it might be more apropos to put on some Beatles or Elvis Presley.

4 comments:

Fork said...

I'd write a strongly-worded letter to the Boston Pops if I were you.

What do you want for your birthday anyway?

Fork said...

Did we change our cell phone number?

Bibb Leo File said...

We did. I will phone you with new info soon...

Amanda Johnston said...

DUDE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I HOPE IT WAS SWEET IN YOUR NEW DIGS.

amanda