Wednesday, May 28, 2008

London Countdown: T-Minus 6 Weeks

Well, I suppose I'm on my own out here in the lonely blogosphere. No one appears to have anything to say to me these days. But you know what, I'm going to keep blogging anyway! I do this as a substitute for journaling, so who cares if none of you silent blogvoyeurs wish to reveal yourselves through comments! Fine! Crouch behind your keyboards like the cowards you are!

Captain Bibb's Blog: Stardate 52808.4
As you can see, I'm making my continental approach now. We have almost the whole of Europe and Africa on our viewscreen, a beautiful and humbling sight to behold. The phosphorous emeralds and sapphires of land and sea appear to be dropping off the map in the encroaching darkness that swallows the retreating rays of the setting sun. From our current altitude of over ten miles above the Earth's surface, the shimmering glory of our destination catches the eye with its verdant beauty.

This morning, we received a communication outlining our invitation to the Intergalactic Ambassadorial Reception Ceremony of the Keys at one of London's oldest and most historical landmarks, the Tower. We are to report promptly to the West Gate at 2130 hours, whereupon we will be shown into the inner chamber and given an audience with the Rector Regalis herself. Her Luminosity will dine with us and allow us to view the ancient "crown jewels," the royal headress and paraphernalia worn by primitive kings and queens of England before the International Conglomeration Act of 2510.

She has promised us the best accommodations at her disposal, but I have informed the crew that we will be staying on the bend of the Thames formerly known as Pimlico. The landing platforms are all located there, and most of the continental transport originates there as well. Her Ebullience's palace is undoubtedly grand, but I would prefer to experience London as the tourists of old must have seen it, tramping its gritty streets and following its labyrinthine paths to the hidden treasures at its heart. The excitement is scarcely containable.

2 comments:

timdan said...

Hey good brother!

I'm always thoroughly entertained by your writings, but find myself at a lose for words when trying leave a reply as thought provoking and well thought out as your own.
I find myself copying and pasting most of what you write into dictionary.com so I can understand! lol This of course in no ones fault but my own for merely being ignorant, and if my computer didn't have spell check there's no way I would be posting even this meager reply!

In short, perhaps if you weren't such a damn good writing people wouldn't be as intimidated to post on your blog!

Your Favorite Nephew's Father,

- Tim

Bibb Leo File said...

Perhaps you're right, O wise and mighty Timdan.

But exploratory writing and pointless persiflage are all I know how (or want) to do...

Oh well. C'est la vie! No writer is ever fully appreciated in his own time. Years from now, maybe there will exist an upper level Lit. course in "The Major Blog Writings of Dr. Bibb L. File" at ol' Oxford U, but I wouldn't hold my proverbial breath.

In the words of Mr. George Banks, the master of No. 17, Cherry Tree Lane, London: "A man has dreams of walking with giants, to carve his niche in the edifice of time. Before the mortar of his zeal has a chance to congeal, the cup is dashed from his lips; the flame is snuffed a-borning; he's brought to wrack and ruin in his prime."

I'm just a man who's trying to carve his humble niche in that eternal edifice. Blog-style.