Thursday, February 28, 2008

Obamaphone

Those of you bloggerinoes who live in the great state of Lonestaria probably got a little Barak booty call yesterday. How did you like that?

I must say I felt rather flattered when Sen. Obama dropped me a line just to see whassup, and to buddsy-wuddsy an early vote out of me. Actually, it kinda weirded me out just a little bit. I'm already fairly skittish about having a cell phone at all, and now even my democratic right to choose the leader of the Free World (a world which is becoming increasingly more expensive) has been violated and usurped by the Almighty Cell. If the evil little thing didn't occasionally play "May It Be" by Enya to placate me, I would have hurled it into the Eyrieville Gorge long ago.

Back to Barak, I almost feel sorry for him after that call. He seems a tad too eager for the job, like that Sophomore running for Student Body President who xeroxes flyers to put on people's windshields and organizes an undergrad "mixer" on campus with ginger ale instead of booze. I mean, honestly. What's next, Obama ringtones?!

Apparently, yes.

No comments: