Saturday, September 06, 2008

Thundering News

So, do you remember that little girl in Adventures in Babysitting? The one who wore the little helmet with wings through the whole movie? Yeah, that's kinda me.

Though Iron Man will always be my heart's favorite in the Marvel Universe of superheroes, I've been in awe of Thor since I was around five years old. He's not just a dude in tights with powers foisted accidentally on him in some dubious scientific snafu.

He's an honest to God...well...God.

And in case you haven't been up on your comics lately (as I am ashamed to admit I have not), he's back from the void of nonexistence, and he's pissed.

Apparently, my good pal Iron Man stole one of the Thunder God's golden locks way back when the Avengers first convened, and recently he went and made a, you guessed it, Thor-Clone. This abomination seriously insulted the Odinson, and he had to bring the hammer down on old Shellhead.

It...was...AWESOME. And the coolest part of the Thor saga is that Asgard is now hovering over Oklahoma, and Thor is traveling around waking up the other Norse gods.

And all of this is happening in the comics just as they have announced the Thor movie project, slated for 2010. Oh, it's a wonderful time to be alive and a comic nerd.

No comments: