Monday, March 17, 2008

Green with Shame

Despite my best efforts, Danny O'Bloggerans, St. Patrick's Day was celebrated with the same feckless inattention to historic tradition and alcoholic irreverence as always. Take a gander at these incriminating photographs if you doubt me.

I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a shalale or a lead pipe in Starey O'Typeagan the Leprechaun's knubby fist there, but you can be sure he beats his wife with it!


Yes, that's the best way to reclaim your Irish roots and honor the Motherland. Cram as many shamrocks into the eyes of the spectators as possible, and maybe they won't notice how much you resemble the crypt keeper.


I'm not sure who suffers the greater injustice here, the Irish or the Little People. And no, I don't mean the ones who hung out with Darby O'Gill.


Apparently, St. Patrick was also responsible for ridding Ireland of its Lhasa Apsos.


Oh, for the love of Erin. No comment.

No comments: